So today we’re going through my late in-laws’ home, trying to get things cleared out so we can sell. I’m going back and forth between dining room and kitchen rinsing off the lead crystal to dry and pack well.
My husband decides this is the right time to empty the bottle of ammonia into the sink, turn the water on high, and leave the room without saying anything. About 3 seconds later I briskly head back to the sink to rinse something else and inhale deeply.
He can’t understand why I’m pissed, nor why his aggrieved, “Geez, I said I was sorry, didn’t I?” isn’t cutting it.
Fortunately Poison Control informs me that if I didn’t go into a huge asthma attack in the first 10 minutes or so, I’ll probably be fine. And that the burning sensation in the back of my throat will go away in the next couple of days.
This is why I make my own household cleaners and have no bleach, ammonia, or other such nasties in my house.